St Andrew’s is a community of faith,
inviting all too real life in Jesus
We are a congregation that believes in the power and goodness of Jesus to change lives, strengthen families, transform communities, and make a difference in our world. We believe real life is in knowing and maturing in the love Jesus offers each one of us.
What We Believe
We are an evangelical church. The term evangelical means that we believe that salvation (in other words, a restored relationship of love between human beings and God) is assured for us by the atoning death of Jesus Christ. Our part in restoring the relationship is to believe this to be true and to place our trust in it. This is what it means to experience conversion (recognize this as true) and to have faith (trust in this truth). The description of reconciliation with God is found in the Bible, first in the Old Testament by means of animal sacrifice which then points to the sacrificial death of Christ, the Lamb of God, in the New Testament. Thus an evangelical church is one that embraces the Bible as the only reliable foundation of our understanding of God and our relationship with Him.
We proclaim the good news of God’s love, placing emphasis on salvation and grace (God rescues and redeems us because he loves us, not because we have done anything to deserve it).
We long for all people everywhere to recognize and receive the gift of grace from God’s hand and to experience His power to restore and to heal in this life as well as the life to come.
To learn more about the fundamentals of our faith, you can refer to Living Faith, which is our denomination’s statement of Christian belief.
Worship – Register with the Church Office
Sunday 10:00 am
- Due to COVID-19 precautions our church has a weekly worship program of 50 participants.
- To Register please call the Church Office on Tuesday or Thursday from 10 am – 12 pm.
- Once registered please arrive with Mask On at 9:30 am so what we have time to load the church due to COVID protocol. If you have any questions comments or concerns please contact the Church Office or your local church Elder.
- Our services will be streamed from our YouTube Channel: St Andrews Duncan
- The service is a blending of traditional and contemporary styles of music including a sermon that is christ-centered and biblical.
Nursery (0-3) – Currently Canceled due to COVID-19
- staffed with volunteers
Sunday School (4-12) – Currently Canceled due to COVID-19
- Following the opening songs, children come forward to the front of the church for a “Children’s Moment” before leaving for their classes.
- Children are welcome to stay with their parents if they are hesitant about leaving and there are binders at the doors with puzzles and colouring activities to help pass the hour.
If you have any questions or would like any more information, please call, send an email, or drop by for a visit.
Tue to Thu . . . . . .9 am – noon
Fri . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 am – noon
Sat to Mon . . . . .Closed
250.746.7413 (ext 0)
St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
531 Herbert Street
Duncan BC V9L 1T2
Rev. John Paeng
Child & Youth Director
250.746.7413 (ext 2)
St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was established in 1902 by early pioneers in the Cowichan Valley. The original church was built on First Street in downtown Duncan, but relocated up “old hospital hill” in 1960. The small building was increased in size a decade later, and the congregation has since converted the former onsite manse to accommodate a community preschool as well as provide additional office and classroom space. Also on the church grounds are a community garden, a columbarium, and a pre school.
The congregation has had a vibrant ministry of outreach to the community over the years, and encourages all its members to be actively engaged in ministry to the world around us.