St Andrew’s exists to be:
a community of faith,
inviting all to real life in Jesus
We would love to introduce you to the fellowship of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Duncan. Far more, we would love to introduce you to Jesus. St Andrew’s is all about is discovering, living, and sharing the hope, joy and promise that is in Jesus.
We are a congregation that believes in the power and the incredible goodness of Jesus to change lives, strengthen families, transform communities, and make an absolute day and night difference in our world. So we would love to have you join us as visitors at worship some Sunday.
Even better, join us for a lifetime adventure of getting to know Jesus more fully and discovering the real depth, wonder and excitement of living in a relationship with him. We believe real life is in knowing and growing in the truth of Jesus’ love for you and for our world.
We have a relaxed atmosphere at St Andrew’s and encourage you to come as you are, not as you think you should.
What are our services like?
1st Sunday of the month: 1 service
10:00 am — Sacrament of Communion
Every other Sunday of the month: 2 services
09:00 am — Traditional
10:30 am — Contemporary
9:00 am Traditional Service
- Our 1st service is marked by a joyful dignity of praise and gratitude for the faithfulness and kindness of God to his people.
- Music at this service is largely traditional hymns, sung from the hymn book and overhead projection.
- This service includes time for the congregation to share words of thanks for God’s grace and their prayer requests.
- Our elders lead the opening part of the service.
- Members of the church share in the reading of the scripture.
- The pastor brings a Bible-based message of hope and encouragement.
- People often arrive well before 9 am, to enjoy a time of quiet reflection.
- A coffee hour follows after the close of the service in the lower hall. Many regulars from the 2nd service arrive early in order to have a chance to visit with those attending first service.
- Our church library is always open giving folk a chance to check out the great resources on hand.
10:30 am Contemporary Service
- Our 2nd service is more contemporary in styling with music drawn from more recent sources, led by a Praise Team.
- Scriptures are read by church members.
- Our pastor preaches strong, scripture-based and Christ-focused messages.
- We bring our prayers and thanksgivings before the Lord as we pray.
- A time of fellowship and coffee follows the 2nd service.
10:00 am Communion Service
- Our congregation joins together on the 1st Sunday of each month to celebrate the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, or what is also called Communion.
- The Table at St. Andrew’s is open to all and any who love Jesus, including children.
We remember the incredible mercy and compassion of God in sending his Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to suffer and die for our sake. His sacrifice is our freedom. In Christ’s death and resurrection, we see the absolutely extraordinary length to which God went to rescue us from our sins and draw us into his loving embrace.
If you have any questions regarding the sacrament, please contact Pastor Chris. 250.746.7413 (ext 1) email@example.com
How long are they?
- 9:00 am Traditional service lasts 1 hour
- 10:30 am Contemporary service lasts 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours
- 10:00 am Communion Sunday service lasts 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours
Our style of worship
- the 1st service is traditional
- the 2nd service is contemporary
- the Communion Sunday service is a blend of traditional and contemporary
What is typical attire?
When you join us you will notice some folks wearing track suits or jeans and other in their "Sunday best." For communion some elders tuck their golf shirts into their pants, others wear jeans, some wear ties. Please come as you are comfortable, we value your presence over your style and your soul over your surface looks.
- At the 9:00 am service our Church Nursery is not staffed, but it is open for parents to use.
- At the 10:30 am and Communion services our Church Nursery is staffed with volunteers and our Sunday School program takes place. Children usually attend the first part of worship, during which they come forward for a "Children’s Moment" prior to leaving for their classes.
If you have any questions or would like any more information, feel free to give us a call, send us an email, or drop by for a visit.
Administration Office Hours
Tue to Thu . . . . ....9 am – noon
Fri . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 am – noon
Sat to Mon . . . . .Closed
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
531 Herbert Street
Duncan BC V9L 1T2