We believe that:
- Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. His life, death and resurrection are the fullest expression of God’s gracious love for mankind.
- that the Scriptures, as the written word of God, testify to Jesus Christ the Living Word, and that God has spoken through the Bible in a unique way to mankind. We look to it for instruction and guidance for all our relationships with God and our neighbour.
- the Bible teaches what we are to believe about God.
- that He reaches out in compassion to us, and that we are to respond to His loving concern.
- the Bible is the record of God’s continual care and concern for His people.
- the Holy Spirit speaks through the Bible, and that God cannot adequately be known from any other source.
- the Holy Spirit gives each of us gifts to equip us to serve others and ultimately to serve God.
- We acknowledge our historic continuity with those who believe the Bible is the written Word of God.
- are an evangelical church.
- evangelical means emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual
- proclaim the good news of God’s love in word and action, placing emphasis on salvation (God rescues, redeems, saves) and the grace of God (God loves us even though we don’t deserve it).
- as central to our hope, the death of Jesus Christ on the cross.
- His death and resurrection are the means by which the individual receives from God the gift of life abundant and eternal.
- the opportunity to accept God’s love and forgiveness and become part of His family, and when we accept His offer, we become the sons and daughters of God. “Amazing grace…I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.”
To learn more of the fundamentals of our faith,
take a look at Living Faith,
which is our denomination’s statement of Christian belief.